The aim of the Remuneration Forum is:
- The first meeting of the Remuneration Forum in 2018 will be held in Dublin, Ireland on 28 February 2018. One of the main topics will be the preparation for the Extraordinary Congress in Ethiopia in September 2018, regarding the integrated remuneration plan.
- The second Remuneration Forum in 2017 has been held on 29 and 30 August in Astana, Kazakhstan. The meeting has included a workshop that was organized together with the UPU IB.
- To give all PostEurop members a platform of knowledge of the remuneration systems (terminal dues, inward land rates and other terminal dues related topics during each Congress cycle)
- To encourage members to take an active role in the UPU work
- To coordinate European remuneration discussions for the next UPU Congress
- To help member posts prepare for changes in the UPU remuneration Systems
- To provide a platform for exchange of information and expertise on other important developments in the postal area
Latest Activities & Achievements
- Workshop and Remuneration Forum meeting in Praha, Czech Republic, 19 – 20 April 2017 with over 50 participants from 32 members.
- The workshop was practical oriented to inform members about the changes in accounting, sampling and format separation from the Istanbul Congress, entering into force 1 January 2018. Furthermore presentations have been made regarding the terminal Dues rate calculations and the quality of service link. Similar workshops have been held in the previous cycle in Georgia and Latvia.
- The main focus of the Forum meeting was to inform and discuss with members about the work planned for the next UPU cycle 2017 – 2020, in particular about the integrated remuneration plan. A very informative round table was held where all the members had the opportunity to express their needs.. Furthermore, presentations regarding the implementation of changes regarding the separation of documents and goods and reflections about the future shape of the remuneration systems have been made.
Benefits of Participation
- Raised knowledge of remuneration system implications
- Raised ability to protect revenues and influence future developments
- Raised ability to improve internal processes and quality
- Become a respected partner to other posts in the evolving market situation
2 forums are usually organised each year. The aim is to also attract other members who do not usually take part in such events, to give them a better understanding of this complex task. Please contact us for any further information.
Updated on 5 December 2017