The LDV 2013 Project in a nutshell
Programme area: EC Education and Culture DG
Contract number: L13L0035
Under the PostEurop Corporate Social Responsibility Activities (CSR-C), the Training and Health working groups, in cooperation with PostEurop, applied for the European Commission Life Long Learning programme "Leonardo da Vinci" in the year 2013, particularly “Training Partnership for Stress Management in the Postal Sector project”. The Project duration is 2 years and will end in July 2015.
In a context of rapid changes, transformation and evolution of the postal sector, employees need to adapt themselves to increasing demands for flexibility in terms of functions and skills at workplaces. As such, stress is becoming a crucial challenge which must be managed in an appropriate way using partnership training solutions, in order to adopt positive attitudes and create a healthier occupational environment.
The partnership objectives of this Training Partnership for Stress Management in the Postal Sector project are:
- to identify occupational current and future challenging stress factors and detect risks and training needs within each project partner in the postal sector
- to share best practices, identify training solutions in order to raise awareness of the management and the workforce in each project partner and to strengthen up the resources to cope with and manage changes to increase their resilience
- to disseminate the project results for the future training on stress management in the postal sector within project partners, PostEurop members and to external European stakeholders (EC, civil society, European institutions, social partners, health and training organizations...)
The Project is coordinated by La Poste, France and partners included: PostEurop (expert in Project Management), Greece (Hellenic Post S.A), Greece (KEK-ELTA S.A), Portugal (InoSalus), Belgium (PostEurop and bpost), Switzerland (Swiss Post), and as observers Cyprus (Cyprus Post), Germany (DPDHL), Sweden and Denmark (PostNord) but also the National & Kapodistrian University of Athens, Federation of Occupational Health Nurses within the European Union.
The beneficiaries of the programme will be the training, health and human resources experts, top, middle and operational management as well as the employees of the above mentioned postal operators.
This project leads PostEurop to be an official partner of the Healthy Workplaces Campaign 2014-15 ‘Healthy Workplaces Manage Stress’ organized by the European Agency for Safety and Health at Work (EU-OSHA).
The actions will be to share best practices, to promote initiatives in the area of occupational health and training in order to anticipate needs for the postal sector which is challenging with a permanent evolution and a huge and important workforce.
The project will contribute to have concrete results and to fulfil the following objectives:
- To share best practices about methodologies to identify stress factors
- To do a benchmark of the stress evaluation tools
- To analyze and evaluate the training best practices to manage the stress
- To promote widely those results within the postal sector and to wider audience
Published on 27 October 2014